SGCMH Maternity Care
Babies have been arriving at Ste. Genevieve County Memorial Hospital since 1969, but what sets us apart is the long tradition of special care and individualized attention we deliver along with each baby. Our Women's Health and Childbirth Unit is proud to be a woman-centered care facility and our experienced team of obstetricians, certified nurse mid-wife, nurses and nurse aides help families get off to a healthy, happy start.
• Prenatal care: we offer 2 types — CenteringPregnancy and traditional
Maternity Care is all of the medical services related to conception and delivery including:
– Traditional prenatal care is visits with your provider on a monthly basis. At each visit you are one-on-one with your provider. And, tests are conducted to make sure mom and baby are healthy.
is a model of group care that integrates the three major components of care: health assessment, education, and support, into a unified program within a group setting.
• Labor and delivery
• Pain Management
• EFM Telemetry Unit
• Postpartum care (generally for six weeks after delivery)
• Treatment of any complications
– Expectant mothers facing complicated pregnancies can be treated in Ste. Genevieve. Our Teletouch Program connects high-risk patients with maternal-fetal medicine specialists via telemedicine, allowing physicians to review ultrasound images and make treatment recommendations in real time.
Whether you choose traditional or Centering Pregnancy for your prenatal care, your provider will be there throughout the entire process and for the birth of your baby. Once you are ready to deliver, our staff at the Women’s Health and Childbirth Center will provide personal care for you, your new arrival and your family.
Our staff is professionally trained in caring for newborns—and parents. We are happy to help you with your new arrival in any way we can, and we offer you and your family a comforting birth environment that is homelike, private and safe.