SGCMH Admitting Services
Our Admitting Department is located in the main hospital building just to the right of the front lobby. Admitting is open Monday through Friday from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday from 6:30 a.m. to noon. In some cases, after hours admitting may be provided through the Emergency Department.
The first step in your admitting is to sign in at the admitting kiosk. An admitting clerk will help you complete the necessary forms and discuss your stay, and will also escort you to your destination. A plastic ID band is placed on your wrist. For your safety, you must wear your patient ID band until you are discharged following your hospital stay or your outpatient procedure/test is complete.
During the admission process you will be asked to provide information about yourself as well as financial information. If you have questions regarding your bill and/or financial programs offered by this hospital, you will be referred to a financial counselor who will assist you in handling the financial aspect of your stay.
During the admitting process, you may be asked to complete and sign the following documents:
- Consent for treatment
- Authorization to bill insurance
- Medicare patients - secondary payor form required by the Federal Government
- You will be asked to sign the consent to treat, authorization to bill insurance and update your HIPAA information.
- Missouri Health Connection (MHC) consent or denial fom
If an inpatient will complete and sign the Care Act form, remember to bring with you at the time of registration the following items:
- Picture ID
- All active insurance cards
- Advance Directive, if you have one
- Physician orders (will likely already be with your electronic medical record)
- HMO authorization or referral
- Social Security number
The Surgery department has a separate admitting area that is located down the main hall from the lobby. The attendants at the front lobby desk will gladly escort you just ask for the surgery admitting area.