SGCMH Friends Foundation – Ways to Give
SOMETHING TO FEEL GOOD ABOUT
In Ste. Genevieve, we are fortunate to live in a place that supports good health and well-being. You see it everywhere from our state parks and countless recreational areas, to our quiet, unhurried lifestyle, to our fresh, clean air. We are also fortunate to have access to top-notch healthcare professionals and facilities-right here at home.
That’s something that few people outside of major metropolitan areas can claim. That’s something we can all feel good about.
Donating to the Friends Foundation does two things; first and foremost it strengthens the wellbeing for our community. All funds donated to the Friends Foundation stays within our local community; from equipment to development the funds raised supports Ste. Genevieve County Memorial Hospital. Second it strengthens SGCMH; the donation you give today very well could impact you or a loved one down the road. There are many ways you can give.
While you'll gain the satisfaction of knowing you made a difference, often there are significant tax advantages and long-term financial benefits for donors and their loved ones. We can work with your attorney or tax advisor to create a charitable giving plan tailored to your individual needs. Cash, check or credit card, many of the contributions to Friends are cash, which is the easiest gift for a donor to make and for our organization to receive. Here are some of the options available:
A donation to our Grateful Patient Program is a way for a patient or their family to show appreciation for the care received at the hospital. During a visit at SGCMH, you or someone in your family may have had a caregiver go above and beyond. He or she may have been a doctor or nurse with comfort in a time of need or a friendly smile and warm greetings from housekeeping or a dietary staff member. We invite you to recognize those individuals by making a donation in their name. Learn more.
- Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Friends Foundation as the charitable organization of your choice.
- Amazon Smile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service.
- Support the Friends Foundation by starting your shopping at smile.amazon.com.
Organizing Your Estate
- For your convenience, click here to download or print out a worksheet
that will help guide you through your estate planning.
Appreciated Stocks, Bonds and Real Estate
- A gift of publicly-traded, appreciated securities, bonds or employee stock options qualifies for special tax benefits.
- By putting the Friends Foundation in your will, you can ensure that your assets are well invested in the lives of Ste. Genevieve patients.
Life Income Agreements
- The Charitable Gift Annuity and Charitable Remainder Trust are options that create a significant legacy for the future while generating income for life.
- The annual income from an endowed gift can be designated by the donor for the general benefit of the hospital or designated for a specific purpose or program.
- Pensions, retirement plans, 401(K) plans, IRAs and other tax-deferred instruments are one of the most attractive ways to give.
Life Estate Agreement on Real Property
-You may leave a bequest of part or your entire home to the Friends Foundation. If you are considering this, you may want to create a Life Estate Agreement, which enables you to receive a very significant charitable income tax deduction.
-You can designate the foundation as the beneficiary of an existing life insurance policy or a new policy.
To learn more about the Gift and Endowment programs at SGCMH, please call 573-883-7725.